Gas Turbine Performance Simulation
GTPsim is a system performance modelling environment for gas turbines and related energy systems.
Any gas turbine engine can be modelled by arranging and connecting component models in a corresponding configuration using a drag- & drop interface. Precise prediction of complex secondary air flows and heat transfer in gas turbine cycles outperforms conventional cycle tools.
Component models include the main gas path components of the turbomachinery, rotor system elements and components for cooling and ventilation (e.g. of the secondary air system (SAS)).
In addition to GTPsim’ s standard zero-dimensional components models, one-dimensional models can be embedded such as turbomachinery mean line codes, 1-D heat exchanger / recuperator models and combustor multi reactor models.
User defined correlations and restrictions can be added to the model parameters.
The interaction between the main gas path and the SAS is calculated in a full conjugate manner. With the optional parallel calculations of different gas and SAS paths, the execution speed is kept high. Heat transfer and other thermal effects can be added by using an extensive thermal network.
All model elements and inter-connections are graphically represented in the GTPsim model diagram.
The component models and other elements are selected from various libraries and can be configured by using user friendly data entry windows.
A wizard function is provided to rapidly configure models of customary gas turbine configurations taking the user through a number of steps specifying basic engine design data. Simulation results can be presented in various formats including tabular and graphical form, including operating curves in component maps, also multi-curve plots and carpet plots. All output can be exported to files or the Windows clipboard in CSV-format (tables) and EMF- and BMP-formats (graphs).
In addition, GTPsim includes a comprehensive simulation project management functionality, thus providing an optimal overview of various model versions, simulation run cases and simulation results.
- Steady-state and transient system performance (coupled SAS and main gas path plus heat transfer)
- Start / Shut-down of gas turbine (heating of components)
- Transient performance during load variations
- Heat transfer calculation (calc. of core / wall temperature, heat transfer coefficient)
- User- or predefined Nusselt correlation
- Transient heat of components during load changes
- Coupling of various heat transfer elements (e.g. multilayer casing)
- Secondary Air System
- Bleed flow can be either user specified or is a simulation result depending on the flowpath and back-pressure of the turbine
- Flexibility for combinations of the secondary air system and thermal network
- Life cycle analysis
- Degradation functionality of compressor/turbine
- Electric component degradation prediction
- Model extension by electric components (batteries, electric motors, electric generators)
- Analysis of control technology of the engine
- Fuel flow response in emergency cases
- Period for load changes and its influence on mechanical stresses in components and surge margin
- Simulation of engine/gas turbine failures
- Suspension of cooling flow due to blockage
- Flame out in combustor
- Overspeed of turbine (failures e.g. in generator or gear)
- Performance data reverse engineering
- Calculation of carpet plots
- User friendly specification of operating points across entire flight envelope
- Probability analysis (Monte Carlo)
- Implementation of user-defined correlations and functions
GTPsim-Software: Prices & Packages on demand
For individual monthly subscription license please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For non EU-countries special costs related to individual taxes and export have to be added.
|GTPsim Basic :
|Design and Off-Design Calculations at Steady-State conditions
|GTPsim Pro :
|Full version incl. Transient Cases and implemented Heat Transfer Model
Optional versions with price on request:
|GTPsim CCM :
|Full version +
Customized Component Models
|GTPsim API :
|Full version +
Application Programming Interface
GTPsim training and support courses: Prices* on demand
|Training course: * Get started!
|1 day, Software Introduction, usage guidelines, examples
|Training course: * Advanced
|2 days, advanced modeling, implementation of own correlations and equations, design sweeps
|Training course: Customized
* Prices for online course, optional course be held on site is possible on request: additional travel and accommodation expenses
All prices excl. VAT